Congress general secretary and Uttar Pradesh in-charge Priyanka Gandhi Vadra begin three ‘Pratigya Yatras’ from Barabanki today.
कांग्रेस की सात प्रतिज्ञाएं
— UP Congress (@INCUttarPradesh) October 23, 2021
The ‘Pratigya Yatra’ is a part of Congress’ poll campaign for the 2022 UP elections. Pratigya Yatra is to be held from October 23 to November 1. The yatra will cover 12,000 kilometres across the state.
However, the ‘Pratigya Yatra’ will be held in three phases.
It will commence from Barabanki in the Bundelkhand region and will end at Jhansi via Lucknow, Unnao, Fatehpur, Chitrakoot, Banda, Hamirpur, Jalaun.
In the western UP region, it will begin from Saharanpur and cover Muzaffarnagar, Bijnor, Moradabad, Rampur, Bareilly, Badaun, Aligarh, Hathras, Agra, Mathura. Similarly.Whereas, in the Awadh region, the yatra will start from Varanasi and move towards Chandauli, Sonbhadra, Mirzapur, Prayagraj, Pratapgarh and Amethi to end at Rae Bareli.
Former MP Pramod Tiwari will lead the Varanasi to Rae Bareli route that will cover the Awadh region. While the Barabanki-Bundelkhand route will be led by PL Punia and former Union minister of state Pradeep Jain Aditya.
The western front, covering the Saharanpur-Mathura route, will be led by former Union minister Salman Khurshid and senior party leader Acharya Pramod Krishnam.
“Some key promises of our manifesto are free e-Scooty and mobile phones for school girls, farm loan waiver, ₹ 25,000 per year to poor families, electricity bill half for all and full waiver of pending electricity bills of Covid period,” said Priyanka Gandhi Vadra while kicking off the yatra.
The seven key promises made in the Congress party’s manifesto are as follow:
- Forty per cent participation for women in the ticket.
- Girls students will get smartphones as well as Scooty.
- Complete loan waiver for farmers.
- Farmers will get Rs.2500 MSP for wheat and paddy and Rs,400 MSP for Sugarcane.
- Families affected due to the Coronavirus will get Rs.25000.
- Moreover,20 lakh youth will get government jobs.
- Electricity bill half for all.Along with, full waiver of pending electricity bills of the Covid period.