At least 25 people were killed and 50 more wounded in an attack on a military hospital in Kabul on Tuesday.
The blast went off at the entrance to the Sardar Mohammad Dawood Khan military hospital, the spokesman of the Taliban-run Interior Ministry, Saeed Khosty, wrote in a tweet. Furthermore, he added that special forces were at the scene.
— TOLOnews (@TOLOnews) November 2, 2021
“The attack was initiated by a suicide bomber on a motorcycle who blew himself up at the entrance of the hospital,” said the official . Moreover, adding the attack was now over and the assailants had all been killed.
Moreover, photographs shared by residents showed smoke over the area of the blasts.
Who was responsible for the attack?
“The IS insurgents wanted to target civilians, doctors and patients in the hospital,” Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said. Furthermore, claimed that Taliban forces had repulsed the attack within 15 minutes.
However, Taliban “special forces” were dropped onto the roof of the hospital.
A health worker at the hospital, who managed to escape. He heard a large explosion followed by a couple of minutes of gunfire. Furthermore, about ten minutes later, there was a second, larger explosion, he said.
The Taliban spokesman confirmed that two Taliban members. Along two women and a child had been killed outside the hospital.
We were on the 7th floor and locked ourselves in a room. There were injured people everywhere. Broken glass.”
Moreover, The US State Department condemned the attack, spokesman Ned Price said in a tweet Tuesday evening.
“We mourn those killed and offer our condolences to their loved ones,” he said. “Targeting medical professionals and patients is abhorrent and has no justification.”